How to Place an Order
Orders can be placed one of 2 ways…
- Via Internet: Puffy the Pufferfish, our reefgeek mascot, keeps the reefgeek.com web-site open 24/7,
365 so you can order whenever the urge for some great new products suits you.
- Via Telephone: Please call our friendly folks in Customer Care us toll-free at 866-295-9230 or 310-533-9500
and we will be happy to take your order over the phone and answer any questions you may have.
Insuring Order Accuracy
To insure order accuracy we will automatically send you an order confirmation including items ordered, total $, ship to and bill to addresses, payment method, and the estimated ship and delivery dates via e-mail. Please check this confirmation upon receipt and please contact us immediately if you need to make any changes.
One of the limitations of ordering on-line or over the phone is that you can't physically inspect each item before your purchase it. We understand this and can provide the following assurances to help reduce the chance of any ‘whoops’ or ‘oh sh**’ moments when you receive your order:
- We sell only new products unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Unlike many of our competitors, we write our own detailed description (we don’t copy them word for word from the manufacturer’s product literature) and provide photo(s) for each product on our web-site, so you know exactly what you are getting before placing an order. (Some product photos shown may not exactly reflect the actual product model.)
- We will answer any product questions you may have and in the unlikely event we don't have an answer to a question, we will do whatever we can to try and get one.
- We will include any parts and accessories, product manuals, product registration and warranty information and any other items that were originally included with the product by the manufacturer.
- If we ship you the wrong item, we will pay the additional shipping charges to make it right.
- If you receive an item you have ordered but no longer want, you may return the product for a refund or store credit. (Please see our Return Policy for all the nitty, gritty details.)
Checking Order Status
You can quickly and easily check the status of your order by logging in to Your Account.
For your convenience we will also send you an email confirming your order shortly after the order is placed and another email confirming shipment on the evening your order is shipped.If you don’t receive either of these emails, please contact our friendly folks in Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 866-295-9230.
Why hasn’t my order shipped yet?
Below are the 3 most common reasons why as order has not shipped.
- An item or items is out of stock. We work extremely hard to keep all the products we carry in stock, but even with our best efforts backorders can occur from time to time. If any items on your order are out of stock, we will contact you to inform you of estimated lead time, provide any recommendations for alternates to the backordered item(s) and find out how you would like to proceed. You may also contact us at email@example.com or toll-free at 866-295-9230 to let us know how you like to proceed.
- We need you to verify your billing and/or shipping information. If this is this case, we will contact you to resolve any discrepancies. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 866-295-9230 to complete the order processing.
- The order wasn't finalized. In some cases, orders will fail that have incorrect information (such as invalid address or credit card information). If this is the case, the order will not be processed and you will not be charged. Please try processing the order again on-line or you may also contact us at email@example.com or toll-free at 866-295-9230 to complete the order processing.
There are a couple potential reasons why you may see multiple charges on your account when you only made one order.
- If your order is made up of multiple shipments, you will see a separate charge for each shipment as the products ship.
- During the checkout process, each time the final "Submit My Order" button is clicked a pending authorization amount is sent to your account to reserve the funds for your order. However, we will only charge you once for your order, and those charges will only be finalized when the order is shipped to you. Typically any pending authorizations are removed from your account within a few days. If you need these pending authorizations removed right away, please contact your bank directly as we do not have the ability to remove these pending authorizations.
We work extremely hard to keep all the products we carry in stock, but even with our best efforts backorders can occur from time to time. If any items on your order are out of stock, we will contact you to inform you of estimated lead time, provide any recommendations for alternates to the backordered item(s) and find out how you would like to proceed. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 866-295-9230 to let us know how you like to proceed. If you do not tell us otherwise we ship all backordered items as soon as they are back in stock.
Can I split my order and have the in-stock items shipped right away?
As long as the backordered item or items totals over $50 and you live in the lower 48 states, we would be happy to split your order and ship the in-stock portion of your order out right away and the backordered item(s) when it becomes available. Backordered items will be shipped via ground service at no additional cost. Faster shipping for the backordered items are available for an additional fee.
We currently only ship orders within the continental United States, its territories, and Canada. For all Canadian orders, shipping and handling costs do not include taxes, duties, or any other fees that may be charged by the shipper or by customs. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or toll-free at 866-295-9230 and we would be happy to provide you with an estimate of these charges.
- T5 Fluorescent
- LED Lighting
- Metal Halide
- Parts & Accessories
- Power Compact Fluorescent
- Replacement Bulbs
- Controllers & Monitor...
- Calcium Reactors
- CO2 Supplies
- Dosing Pumps
- Plumbing Parts
- Water Top Off
Care & Maintenance
- Additives & Supplemen...
- Cleaning Equipment
- Coral Fragging & Prop...
- Testing Equipment
- Water Conditioners
- Water Purifiers
- Protein Skimmers
- Filter Media
- Temperature Control